Sunday, June 28, 2009

-Shutter, Trigger-

Last year I was able to pick up a copy of Kyle Cassidy's Armerd America on the cheap. It's a photo essay detailing American gunowners around the country and their collected statements as to why they want guns in their lives.

Photobucket

It's been scientifically proven that I'm pro-gun. Seriously, there were dudes in lab coats and chemicals and words with very long syllables and everything.

But I do get asked sometimes why I'm so passionate about the 2nd Amendment, occasionally by people wanting to challenge and debunk me, but mostly by people who are just curious.

There's a list of reasons why I'm pro-gun, just as there's a list of reasons why I trained in martial arts. But I've never once been asked why I got involved in martial arts, though I can do just as much damage with my hands and feet as I can with a Glock. 

Photobucket

Funny enough, many of the reasons for my interest in the two are parallel- discipline, self reliance, utilization of both body and mind for action, stress relief and the culture I come from. But most of all, as a reminder to myself of one of my father's earliest lessons: You are your own last line of defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment