Monday, June 22, 2009

-Of Signs Following-

To say that my relationship with religion is strained is almost a dismissal. There is a lot that I was exposed to at a certain age and in a certain manner that, instead of having a comforting presence in my life, became something that unsettled me. It's something that, in my adult life, has left me angry.

It's no secret that I fell away from the Church and the religion of my youth, and in a lot of ways I just kept on falling. For good and for bad. But as I go further with this project and as I continue to force myself to examine the foundations of my childhood I have to fess up to the fact that the things I turned away from still have an effect on who I am and will be later on. It's also making realize that there's a lot of shit down there that I just don't know how to stare down.

And I don't know where that's going to leave me.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment