Wednesday, June 24, 2009

-The Good, The Bad, and The Deeply Obsessed-

My mother calls me my father's daughter. And I am. As a kid, he was god to me. This infallible myth of a man that knew exactly what the world was about and the gatekeeper to all Knowledge To Be Known. Anything he liked, was worthy of being liked by me.

This is the logic of daddy's girls.

25 years later, I'm still one. And my father remains one of the most intelligent men I've ever met, and the one I respect more than anyone. And 25 years later, I still find myself following suit with his habits. One of which is a love of westerns.

Specifically, Eastwood. And even more to the point, The Man With No Name.

Photobucket

The character borrowed heavily from another obsession of mine, Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo and probably went a long way as inspiration for another favorite character, Wolverine. Gruff, silent and skewed in his sense morality, Blondie was a stock character that filled in blanks.

One day, when I make it big, I'm gonna buy a revolver with an ivory rattlesnake on the grip. And that's gonna be that.

No comments:

Post a Comment